Oooh so many lovely things that have happened this week, but first, can we just talk about THAT wedding on Saturday? Whilst I didn’t actually get to hear much of what was going on due to over-excited kids in the background, what I saw was amazing (the dress was just beautiful). I’ve read a fair amount of vitriol online about Meghan, but I think she’s great- a fresh, modern woman who is successful in her own right and clearly had a great track-record of charity work and pushing humanitarian causes well before she was with Harry. I wish them well.
In a week where I know of a few other people who have had bad/sad news, it’s made me appreciate the little things even more.
Here are 10 things that have made me happy this week:
- I can’t start this post without mentioning our Royal Wedding Street party! I’m sure I’ll do a separate blog on this, but it was a fantastic day from start to finish, with 130 people coming together. Our party was the business- we had an ice cream van, tug of war, a bouncy castle, pimms stand, outdoor toys for the little ones, and even a drone filming and taking snaps! We don’t do things by halves round my way that’s for sure.
- Mine (and Freddie and Sasha’s) first ever trip to Wembley (Adam has been before) to watch Bromley FC get a bit of a kicking in the FA Trophy final. It was a great, if long, day out, and the atmosphere was ace, despite Sasha getting an education in rowdy supporters dropping the F and C Bombs- eek!
- Arlo finally crawling on his knees and not commando crawling, and it’s HILARIOUS- he looks like a mechanical toy baby, he hasn’t quite got his ‘flow’ yet!
- Poached eggs on an avocado and cream cheese ‘bedding’ on toast- turns breakfast into a game-changing supper.
- Freddie awarded ‘player of the week’ at tennis and will now be moved up a group.
- Sasha nailing her second horse riding lesson and is so much more confident than I ever expected- I’m over the moon at this as a wannabe Pony Club mum! I used to ride loads as a child/teen so I was really hoping we’d have one little rider in the family, although I best get earning some more money as it isn’t the cheapest of hobbies…
- How F has coped with his SATs- we haven’t mentioned the ‘S’ word at all (his school call them ‘quizzes’) but he seems to have taken them in his stride, really proud of him.
- Remembering home made cookie dough in the freezer.
- Primark boyfriend jeans and mom jeans- fantastic fit and only about £13!
- A full night’s sleep- always welcome!
What’s made you happy this week?