I haven’t done one of these posts for a while, and I always love writing them as it reminds me how many good things I have going on in my world, especially if I’ve had a tough or tiring week. This past week has been a bit hardcore on the old body and brain as poor Arlo has had a stinker of a cold and his sleep has been appalling. I always find it amazing how we can just crack on with day-to-day life with such poor sleep and how we get used to it again, although I have to say that it’s definitely affected my ability to write a coherent sentence- I’ve found myself having to proof read stuff again and again and again to avoid typos and a load of shit from pouring out on ‘paper’!
Anyhoo, here are 10 things that have made me happy this past week or so….
- Going to the local Christmas light switch on. In my eyes it’s still far too early and no decorations are being put up in our house until at least this Friday, but I have to admit that this got me feeling really festive. Children carol singing, hot chocolate with friends, and hot chips from a bag whilst counting down to the big switch on…. what’s not to love? I am SO ready to watch ‘Elf’ now.
- Apricot jam on toast with coffee in bed on a frosty Saturday morning whilst the big two were at swimming lessons and the pudding-head-of-a-baby napped next to me. A rare treat!
- M&S Black Forest Gateaux slices- AMAZING!
- Making snowflakes from paper with Sasha and enjoying our little chats together.
- A day out with just Freddie yesterday as he was filming an advert for a brand. Afterwards we went to check out the Christmas lights on Regent Street, window-shopped in Hamleys (and praying he wouldn’t suddenly add something new and expensive to his Christmas list!), and then had dinner together at Giraffe. One-on-one time together that was much-needed.
- Watching the kids make their Christmas crackers for the school competition- very much ‘homemade’ with ‘interesting’ themes!
- Discovering that a new series of The Crown will be coming to my telly on the 8th December.
- Making Arlo laugh- it’s the best sound and even when poorly and a bit miserable he can still be jollied up a bit.
- Finishing the copy of the children’s book I want to submit to a publishers- I’m very nervous but as I’ve been sitting on the idea for over a year it’s just a relief that it’s done!
- Bumping into a dear blogging friend Renee randomly on the platform at St Pancras last weekend after I was coming back from a brilliant spa break with friends. We’ve been in touch more regularly recently so it was awesome to suddenly see her in the flesh- definitely fate!
What things have made you happy this past week?