- Freddie getting a new swimming badge and being moved up a grade- he was so pleased (as were we!) and I think this will really help his confidence when it comes to his swimming.
- Mexican food and cocktails round ours with friends last Saturday night- made us realise we SO need to have friends over more often! We’re a very social family but haven’t had a load of people over on a Saturday night in ages. I can confirm that homemade mojitos and daiquiris are a teeny tiny bit strong…
- A good run early on a Saturday morning- it always feel so good to get out and about before the rest of the world wakes up, and means I’m more likely to make healthier choices throughout the day.
- Having some exciting work projects come in for my digital marketing job. I’ve been in my current role for 3 months now, and really, really enjoy it. I’ve mainly just been getting to grips with everything so far (I only work on this 2 days a week) as time is more limited and the role is a brand new one for the company, but now I’m flying and have some great creative opportunities to get the company more ‘out there’ and have pretty much free-rein to do so, which is really liberating.
- Adam won his football cup final the other weekend- we all went to watch and the boys did so well. I’m really proud as I know he lives and breathes football (he manages the team as well as plays) and it makes all that time spent on it worth while!
- Sasha secured a place at Freddie’s school to start in September. I wasn’t too concerned about her getting in as the school has the sibling rule, but I still had THE FEAR that i’d cocked up the form in some way!
- Eating a jam doughnut for the first time in AGES. Alone. In peace and quiet. At our favourite local bakery. VERY indulgent but sheer heaven!
- Mastering mowing the lawns by myself (tutored first by my mother dearest). I can’t BELIEVE that in 4 years of living in our house, that I’ve never given it a go, I guess just because Adam always has. Very embarrassing. I actually secretly enjoyed it, tres satisfying. High five to, er, women being able to do everything!
- The sun shining (for now) and the beautiful blossoms that line the route of our school run- always make me smile and feel just that little bit perkier on a morning 🙂
- and lastly… being featured on the Laura Ashley Blog this week, picking my kitchenware favourites. A real dream come true as a brand I remember growing up with, and one that I now love too. I was also so pleased as they used all of my own photographs, and I’d really enjoyed styling the items (despite being surrounded by kids and chaos last Sunday!). It was a moment when you have confidence in yourself, and whilst you shouldn’t need validation from anyone, to know that a big brand likes what you’re doing feels pretty damn good!
How has your week been?
What good things have happened to you?!