This week has been a really mixed week- both great and not so great things happening in equal measure. Nothing really bad mind, just think I have a case of ‘renovators fatigue’- I’m just soooo ready for the house to be finished now and get back in, and the kids really need to be back in their usual routine. My in-laws have been heroes having us for the past 5 weeks, but I think we’re all ready for normality to resume once more. I’ve felt a bit up and down (I blame the hormones!) but as always, there are PLENTY of things to be thankful for- here are 10 things that have made me happy this week:
- This is a biggie…our building work is so very nearly finished! We’re having the kitchen worktop fitted tomorrow, and then the tiling to do, and then only a few bits to complete- and it’s done! We can move back in next weekend, and I spent Friday starting to clean the upstairs bedrooms and our new bathroom which is totally finished now apart from accessories. I can’t wait for some sense of normality though now as it’s been 5 weeks out of our usual routine.
- New stationery- nothing puts a spring in your working step like starting a new notebook, and this one (pictured above) from my BFF is just gorgeous (and lovely and chunky too, my favourite kind!).
- A great bike ride with the children yesterday afternoon even though it was raining. Freddie and Sasha love burning off steam, and it was great exercise for me too even though I wasn’t really feeling like it. Props to my Mother-in-law for making the suggestion and getting us out there!
- Teaching Sasha how to play ‘Guess Who?’ – I loved this game as a kid, and I absolutely love playing board games as a family. Made me realise that we need to carve in more time when we’re hanging out at home for this sort of thing.
- Getting on top of work last Tuesday. My day job is as digital marketing manager for a telecoms company, that usually I love, but we’ve got a couple of big projects on at the moment that were making my head spin. I had a couple of great meetings that day that clarified a few things for me, I know what I have to do to drive the projects forward and I feel ahead of the game now. Such a good feeling (and a relief!).
- Going to to watch ‘Romeo and Juliet’ at the ballet with my Mum. We love to go once or twice a year, and whilst I’m not really particularly knowledgeable when it comes to ballet, I really appreciate the dancing and find it mesmerising.
- Sasha earning her first gymnastics grading badge and certificate- we are so proud of her and how much she enjoys it.
- Watching ‘Girl on the Train’- pleasantly surprised as i’d read the book and loved it so was worried the film wouldn’t live up to expectations. It really did though! Emily Blunt was great, and it’s really put me off boozing once this bambino is out- bloated wine face on the last train home is never a good look (even though we’ve all been there!). Oh, and sex scene klaxon alert- it’s rather #awks watching this with your in-laws!
- Feeling our baby boy move more and more- Adam and the children can now feel him too sometimes when he’s particularly active, and it’s something i’ll never get bored of.
- The Christening of our friends’ gorgeous baby girl this afternoon, she was such an angel, the service was lovely and the spread afterwards spot on!
What’s made you happy this past week?