There’s something magical about dinner parties. However, if you’re the one hosting, figuring out the menu and choosing dinner party recipes can be quite a challenge. While getting takeout is always an option, it just doesn’t have that special feel that a home-cooked meal prepared with love does. You want something that’s an absolute crowd-pleaser, but at the same time, it has to be relatively easy to prepare. After all, you don’t want all the cooking to tire you out before the party.
Well, today is your lucky day because you’ve just stumbled upon our tried and tested dinner party recipes that you can try out at your next home event. These mouthwatering dishes are full of flavor yet super easy to prepare and will have everybody asking for seconds! Let’s get started.
Herb-Crusted Rib Eye Roast
We all know that any family dinner, especially if it’s a holiday, is incomplete without a delicious roast. Here’s how you can make this rib eye roast for a special dinner party.
|Boneless Ribeye – 5 lbs
Onion – 1 large
Garlic – 6 Cloves
Fresh Thyme – 5 Sprigs
Fresh Rosemary – 3 Sprigs
Grated Parmesan – 2 Tbsp
For the Herb Butter:
Softened Butter – 10 Tbsp
Minced Garlic – 5 Cloves
Chopped Thyme – 2 Tsp
Chopped Rosemary – 2 Tsp
Salt – 2 Tsp
Black Pepper – 1 Tsp
For the Gravy:
Beef Broth – 1 ½ Cup
Cornstarch – 1 Tbsp
Red Wine – ½ Cup
|1. Defrost your ribeye and bring to room temperature. Tie with twine.
2. Preheat your oven to 425 °F.
3. In a bowl, mix the butter, garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
4. Slice the onion into 3-4 large pieces and peel the garlic.
5. In a large skillet, add the onion, garlic, and fresh herbs.
6. Take the herb butter and rub it over the roast until fully covered.
7. Place the roast into the skillet, fat side up, and roast for 20 minutes.
8. Take the roast out and add the remaining butter on top. Turn down the oven temperature to 200 °F.
9. Place the roast back in the oven and cook for 1 ½ hours. Check for doneness using a meat thermometer.
10. Remove from the skillet and let rest for 30 minutes before serving.
11. In the same skillet, add the red wine and beef broth and place on the stove at high heat. Cook for 10-12 minutes.
12. Mix the cornstarch with water and add to the sauce while whisking.
13. Strain the gravy and serve on top of the sliced roast.
Cheesy Beef & Mushroom Lasagna
The pasta, the sauces, and the fresh herbs all make for a tantalizing meal, and if you’re looking to impress your guests, our lasagna recipe is a must-have on your menu.
Lasagna Noodles – 1 Box
Cheddar Cheese – 1 ½ Cup
Mozzarella Cheese – 1 ½ Cup
For the Beef Sauce:
Ground Beef – 3 lbs
Olive Oil – 2 Tbsp
Chopped Carrots – 1 Large
Chopped Onion – 1 Large
Chopped Celery – 1 Large
Canned Tomatoes – 3 Cans
Salt – 2 Tsp
Dried Basil – 1 Tsp
Minced Garlic – 1 Clove
For the White Sauce:
All Purpose Flour – 3 Tbsp
Butter – 3 Tbsp
Milk – 1 Cup
Beef Broth – 1 Cup
Sauteed Mushrooms – 1 lb
Ricotta Cheese – 1 Cup
|1. Boil the noodles as per package instructions and rinse with cold water.
2. Shred the cheddar and mozzarella cheese and set aside.
3. Place a large pan on medium heat and add 1 tbsp olive oil, carrots, onion, and celery. Cook for 5-6 minutes until soft.
4. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Take off the heat.
5. Once the vegetables have cooled down, move to the blender and blend to make a soffritto.
6. Add the soffritto back to the pan with the remaining oil and add in the beef.
7. Cook until the beef is browned, then add in the canned tomatoes.
8. Add the salt and basil. Place the lid and let cook for 10-15 minutes.
9. In a separate pan, add the butter, flour, and milk to make a bechamel.
10. Once you have the base sauce, add in the beef broth and ricotta cheese.
11. Whisk until fully combined and cook on low flame until thickened.
12. Add in the mushrooms and mix well.
13. Preheat your oven to 350 °F
14. In a large baking dish, start layering your lasagna, starting with beef sauce, white sauce, cheese, and noodles. Repeat until the dish is full.
15. Add more cheese to the top layer until fully covered.
16. Cover the baking dish and place in the oven to bake for 5-10 minutes.
17. Uncover the dish and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
18. Serve hot and enjoy!
Feeding a crowd is no easy feat, but if you plan ahead and pick the right dish, you will be able to whip up a delicious meal and also have plenty of time to rest and enjoy your party. So the next time you have friends and family over, try one of the above recipes and get ready to receive showers of compliments on your culinary skills!
Like these dinner party recipes? See some more of my recipes here