Happy Tuesday, y’all!
Post-Easter I’ve been back on the lower-carb eating vibe. My clothes were feeling a little tight due to all the Easter eggs, wine and delicious meals/carbs that I’ve been consuming, and the scales didn’t lie either! Whilst i’m not hugely bothered per se about how much I weigh (I’d rather just feel better overall), I still have a weight that I no longer wish to go over since I’ve now settled at 10lbs lighter than I was pre-babies. All that post work wine and chips definitely had an effect on the waistline back then, and I no longer wish to re-visit that time health and weight-wise!
I find that I feel much lighter, less bloated, fuller for longer and have more energy since limiting my carbs, plus have lost and generally kept weight off. I still eat good carbs, but will have them with, say, just one meal a day, and tend to replace traditional carbs with other ‘better’ carbs i.e. swapping potatoes for sweet potatoes.
Here is the first of an on-going series featuring some low carb and/or paleo meal ideas. Not all of them are recipes as such (i.e. they are so easy and self-explanatory it would be insulting to your intelligence to post a recipe), but hopefully will become a good resource and meal inspiration for the fellow low-carber. I will file them in the category ‘Food’- ‘Low Carb’ in the drop down box on the right of my blog’s home page, so they are easy to find there.
Hope you find them useful!
Roasted Sweet Potato, Bacon, Green Beans and Feta (serves 2)
You will need:
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 8 Rashers of good quality bacon
- Pack of ‘fine’ green beans, topped and tailed
- 100g Feta cheese, for crumbling
- Pre-heat oven to 180c, and pre-heat a large baking tray.
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into bite size chunks, drizzle with olive oil, and oven bake for 40 minutes.
- With 15 minutes left to go until the sweet potatoes have cooked, steam the green beans until tender.
- With 10 minutes left to go, grill or dry fry the bacon rashers on both sides until cooked. Slice up in to bits.
- Dish up potatoes, green beans and bacon, then crumble the feta on the top.
Delicious, easy and super-filling!
Linking up with Honest Mum’s Tasty Tuesdays!