I’ve been so bored of what I’ve been dishing up the children for tea after preschool of late, that I’m sure they must be getting pretty tired of the same old favourites too! My two are generally great eaters and not that fussy, so I’m more than willing to try new things with them- it’s just that it’s easy to be tired after a long day and just whip up something in your comfort zone (read: peanut butter sarnies, cheesy beans on toast).
I thought I would test these tasty Melted Tuna Muffins out on Freddie and Sasha last night, and I can happily report thay they went down a storm! With the mild flavour of sping onions running through them, they can actually be a great grown up weekend lunch too- thumbs up all round!
- 80g canned tuna (I use 2 small tins)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 English muffin per person (half a one per preschooler)
- 2 tablespoons sweetcorn
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 30g cheddar cheese, although we use Manchego as our family is largely cow-dairy free
- 1. Scoop the tuna into a bowl, and mix in the ketchup, mayonnaise, sweetcorn and spring onion.
- 2. Slice each muffin in half, and toast.
- 3. Spread the tuna mixture evenly onto the halves of your toasted muffins, and cover with grated cheese.
- 4. Place under the grill for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
- 5. Serve with salad and enjoy!
Linking up with Honest Mum Vicki and ‘Tasty Tuesdays’!