I’m always partial to a bit of curry, especially now the nights are drawing in and there is a chill in the air. Since we try not to eat meat on a few days a week, we’re always looking for some tasty veggie options- and this dish fits the bill nicely. Serve with some warm flatbreads or fluffy rice!
Red Lentil Curry
You will need:
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 400g chopped tomatoes with basil & oregano
- 1 x 28g pack coriander, chopped
- 200g dried red lentils
- 500ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 cauilflower, broken into small florets
- 400g tin of chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a deep skillet. Add the chopped onion and the coriander stalks and cook for 5 minutes, then stir through the Thai red curry paste.
- Add the dried red lentils and stock, and then simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the chopped tomatoes, cauliflower and chickpeas and simmer for a further 10 minutes, or until the lentils are tender.
- Stir through half the coriander just before serving, and the use the rest for garnish.
Linking up with Honest Mum’s ‘Tasty Tuesdays’!