There are oodles of recipes for Thai curries out there, but I haven’t come across that many before that are super-speedy, and that don’t require some element of ‘faff’. We love a curry, but often after a busy week and when it comes to Friday night, there is the temptation to just order a takeaway, rather than having the bother of slogging away in the kitchen. Well, we have that worry no more, for we have adapted our favourite Thai prawn curry, and have got whipping it up in 15 minutes down to a fine art- and you can too!
You will need:
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 shallot (or half an onion), finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1-2 tbsp Thai green curry paste
- 125ml coconut milk/cream
- 75g sugar snap peas
- 85g large cooked and peeled prawns
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- small handful coriander, chopped, to serve
- Noodles or microwave sticky Thai rice to serve
- Heat the oil in a wok or large saucepan.
- Add the shallot and garlic, and stir-fry for 1-2 mins.
- Add the curry paste, coconut milk and 50ml water. Let this simmer for 2 mins.
- Add the sugar snap peas and cook for 1-2 mins until they begin to soften.
- Add the prawns, soy sauce and lemon juice and heat through.
- Stir in the coriander and serve straight away with the noodles or rice.
Linking up Honest Mum Vicki and ‘Tasty Tuesdays’