As a general rule when it comes to what I eat I tend to steer to the side of all things low(er) carb, as I’ve found that since doing so I feel more energetic, less bloated, plus weigh nearly a stone less than I did pre-children. After our holiday a month ago, where we properly pigged out, I’ve been getting back on track with all things diet and fitness. Salmon is one of my go-to healthy meals, and is a fish that even the kids really enjoy. This dish is super-light, yet tasty, and SO easy to knock up, whilst looking impressive at the same time!
You will need:
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 courgettes
- Half a 400g tin of cannellini bean, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 unwaxed lemon
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees c.
- Wrap your salmon fillets in foil, place on a baking tray and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Whilst your salmon is cooking, slice the courgettes thinly lengthways using a swivel-blade peeler.
- When your salmon has only 5 minutes left to cook, put your courgette ribbons in a saucepan, and pour boiling water over them, leaving them submerged for 1-2 minutes.
- Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Grate over the zest of half a lemon, and squeeze in the juice of a whole lemon.
- Add the cannellini beans and the parsely, and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the oil and mix well, leaving to marinate for 2 minutes before serving with the salmon.
Linking up with Honest Mum’s Tasty Tuesdays!