As a general rule when it comes to what I eat I tend to steer to the side of all things low(er) carb, as I’ve found that since doing so I feel more energetic, less bloated, plus weigh nearly a stone less than I did pre-children. After our holiday a month ago, where we properly pigged out, I’ve been getting back on track with all things diet and fitness. Salmon is one of my go-to healthy meals, and is a fish that even the kids really enjoy. This dish is super-light, yet tasty, and SO easy to knock up, whilst looking impressive at the same time!
You will need:
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 courgettes
- Half a 400g tin of cannellini bean, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 unwaxed lemon
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees c.
- Wrap your salmon fillets in foil, place on a baking tray and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Whilst your salmon is cooking, slice the courgettes thinly lengthways using a swivel-blade peeler.
- When your salmon has only 5 minutes left to cook, put your courgette ribbons in a saucepan, and pour boiling water over them, leaving them submerged for 1-2 minutes.
- Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Grate over the zest of half a lemon, and squeeze in the juice of a whole lemon.
- Add the cannellini beans and the parsely, and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour in the oil and mix well, leaving to marinate for 2 minutes before serving with the salmon.
Linking up with Honest Mum’s Tasty Tuesdays!Rogaine or propecia work Where to buy remeron in Trenton online Buy promethazine 25mg online from Hawaii Tricor testing Where to buy promethazine 25mg in South Carolina Can you take naproxen with mobic Vytorin warnings Bactroban nasal swab Furosemide medscape Banda el recodo consecuencia de mis actos
Oh so delicious!!!
Really was, Sasha!
Lovely sounding low carb meal. I really enjoy courgette ribbons #tastytuesdays
It was- I often find it hard to keep thinking up tasty low-carb dishes that aren’t chicken or fish salads, so this made a welcome change!
I bloomin’ love a courgette ribbon! They are just so pretty aren’t they? Amazing losing a stone too, well done you.
Thanks, Sarah! Just discovered courgette ribbons- tasty and surprisingly filling if you have enough of them!
Oh wow utterly stunning dinner and totally my kind of food! So happy to have you link up too, thanks so much x
It’s perfect if you’re on the lower-carb vibe, and actually really filling! x
We’re big salmon fans in our house so this is definitely one for us, I love that it’s a healthy one too 🙂
I think this one will be a regular now, and we’re lucky that the kids like salmon, although I think they might be suspicious of the courgettes still! I follow a fairly low-carb diet, so this fits in with that but is still really healthy 🙂
This looks amazing. Since reading this post this morning, I’ve decided to cut back on carbs a bit too. Had beetroot, walnut, goats cheese and chicken salad for lunch (no chips or bread) and then salmon and stir fry veg for dinner. Ok ok so I’ve had half a bottle of Prosecco but little steps eh! 😉
Definitely one step at a time, haha! I always feel better when I low carb, takes a few days to get used to it but after this I never feel hungry and always feel satisfied!
Great idea to add the cannelloni beans for a really satisfying and filling low-carb meal.
I find adding pulses really help fill me up 🙂