Hello! I’m back- not that I particularly intended to stay away, but the last couple of weeks have been rather busy with non-online things: Wrapping up my digital marketing job and handing over to my replacement (last day is today, that feels so weird!), and I seem to have embarked on some extreme nesting which involved deciding to start painting the hallway white last week. My lovely Mum came to the rescue and helped finish some of it, but I think I’m going to abandon the rest for the time being as I’ve started to feel so tired! Not sure what I was thinking…!
Also keeping me away has been the not-so-minor fact that I’ve been getting migraines all of a sudden over the past couple of weeks- 7 in 17 days which has been pretty rubbish, when I perhaps only get 1 or 2 a year. The headache doesn’t tend to be too bad for me (thankfully) but I suffer from migraine with auras, which means I can’t see properly or do anything for a good couple of hours until my eyes go back to normal, and I tend to feel quite wiped afterwards. Apparently these are most likely down to an oestrogen surge in late pregnancy, so I’m praying that they will stop soon, or that i’ll be put out of my misery once baby arrives!
Anyway, I’m hoping to get back into my blogging rhythm now- I find it hard sometimes to get back into the swing of things if I’ve had a break, especially now I’m so knackered in the evenings, which is hard when you’re someone who is usually very motivated. Good news is, loads of fab things have happened lately to perk me up and to help forget the dodgy migraines- here are 10 things that have made me happy lately:
- The extreme nesting. Okay, so I really shouldn’t be painting hallways at 9 months pregnant, but I have been eternally grateful for my Mum taking on sprucing up our garden, and overseeing the landscaping of our front garden. She has been scratching the itch I’ve had to crack on with our house! Adam has also been given some DIY and picture-putting-up jobs, and I’m hoping to feel on top of a few more things before baby arrives.
- Seeing our baby on the 36 week scan at Kings. Baby boy appears happy and healthy still (touch wood), is nice an average when it comes to size and weight, and we got to see him yawning and also chewing on his own cord (which was really odd but lovely to see!).
- Sasha swimming on her own for the first time! After months and months and months of her stubbornly refusing to give swimming a go without floats, she suddenly decided to swim, and there is no stopping her now!
- Marmalade on toast, with a cup of tea, in bed, on a Bank Holiday Sunday night- SO not rock and roll and a far cry from a usual warm bank holiday evening, but I don’t care!
- Freddie loving Beavers and already earning his first two badges- It’s such a fun group activity to belong to and he gets to hang out with a few friends from school too.
- Homemade cookies with coffee. Sounds twee, but oh so good.
- Pleasing post. My Mum’s friend Pauline knitted and posted each of the children (including the baby) a toy, and I was blown away with how thoughtful she is- can’t wait for them to have them once number 3 arrives! The ace Renee also sent me a parcel full of baby boy clothes, as did my old next door neighbour, Emma, and it makes you realise how many ‘good eggs’ there are in the world, despite all the depressing news of late.
- Window shopping for prints on Etsy. Okay, so this might come under ‘extreme nesting’, but I’ve been thoroughly enjoying ‘favouriting’ prints that I can’t wait to buy/download for the house, especially for the baby’s room!
- An amazing dinner out with Adam whilst the kids had a sleepover at the grandparents. We went for a drink beforehand and sat outside in the sunshine, and then enjoyed just prefect Italian tapas at a local restaurant that we hadn’t tried before- it’s flown to top of the favourites list!
- Hot, lavender bubble baths. I’m usually more of a shower kinda gal, but these have helped relieve an achy body on an evening no end!
So that’s me- what have you been loving lately?!