1. Definitely at the top of my list this week: I have found THE wedding dress, I repeat, THE wedding dress! I went to try on dresses with my mum and best friend, not expecting to find anything first time looking, and got totally lucky! It has a vintage feel to it, and I’m also pleased that they’ll be able to tailor and adjust my Mum’s original wedding veil too. I have to wait 18 weeks from ordering for it to come, and then will have a proper fitting. Excited isn’t the word!
2. A lovely spontaneous afternoon at a nearby farm/play park with the children. We went on Tuesday afternoon with Adam’s Mum, and we had the run of the place, there was hardly anyone there! The weather was beautiful, possibly the last great day we’ll get until the weather turns, and we had a lovely picnic tea and ice cream.
3. My wardrobe challenge, for reminding me that I do have LOTS of clothes, even though I always profess to having none.
4. Baking delicious raspberry and chocolate cupcakes with the children. Messy but baking makes me feel good and like we’ve DONE SOMETHING.
5. My fab Mum having Sasha for the day whilst Freddie is at preschool so I can get some work done. It really makes such a difference and totally frees up my evenings, as it means I can get ahead of myself, and working in the mornings means I have more focus.
6. Adam and I thinking and researching places we might go for our honeymoon next year! I think we are going to go away just us two for hopefully 4 days/3 nights without the children, to give us some quality time together. You only get one honeymoon, right?! Contenders so far are Paris, Florence and Iceland (I am totally pushing for the latter, it’s somewhere we probably couldn’t easily take the children). We also would love to do New York, but 3 nights just isn’t enough- is it?
7. Pizza out in Brixton with friends. Catching up and chatting with your nearest and dearest in real life is so good for the soul, especially after a tough week at home with small people!
8. Remaining calm in the face of some challenging toddler behaviour! We had an awful day Wednesday, but I managed to gather myself together and pull back the rest of the week, going from ‘growly mummy’ to ‘smiley mummy’- phew!
9. Lots of sofa cuddles with Freddie and Sasha. F in particular has been tired lately, what with getting back into the swing of preschool, so it’s nice to slow down every now and again and just relax and read together.
10. Having an AMAZING day at Butlins HQ! I’ve been chosen to be one of just 10 Butlins Blogger Ambassadors for 2014/15, and it was fab to head up to Hemel Hempstead and meet the other bloggers, and get a feel for the brand. I left totally sold on the company’s ethos, hugely impressed with their funky office and the way they treat their team, and I can’t WAIT to do a great job representing them! We are off on our first Butlins break at the end of October, and as a Butlins convert, I’m so looking forward to going to Bognor (something I thought i’d never say!).
Have a great weekend 🙂
*pic featuring my MIL (who has a good sense of humour!) and the farm