One of my ‘Gratitude Express’ posts is long overdue, as this is my first full working day at home where I’ve actually felt good in about 3 weeks, what with the (hopefully, final) ridding of the never-ending lurgy in our house. The fact that I am sitting here, at home, speeding through my to-do list whilst drinking tea and listening to BBC 6 Music is definitely an ‘air punch’ moment. Nothing worse than feeling like you’re behind on work/life admin, especially when you’re an anal retentive in this area 😉
Without further delay, here are the things that have made me happy this past week or so…
1. A fab day out in Covent Garden with blogging friends, new and old. I haven’t laughed so hard (or danced so dodgily) in a long time! The day was rounded off by having the most hilarious rickshaw ride from Shaftsbury Avenue all the way to Victoria Station with Katie, and being reminded how beautiful all the sights of central London are by night. I heart blogging hugely, for meeting some lovely new friends.
2. Mother’s Day, spent with my own blessings as well as my lovely Mum. The children woke me up, with beautiful cards and flowers, plus breakfast relaxing on the sofa, before Adam cooked us all the most delicious bacon, mushroom and pea risotto, finished off with toffee roulade and raspberries- Uh-mazing!
3. That the children are better. F & S both had a nasty case of viral tonsillitis last week, really wiped out by it. Nothing worse than seeing your babies poorly, so I’m relieved they’re fighting fit once more.
4. New make up! *huzzah* I’ve been a bit bored with my ‘look’ at the moment, so have been You-tubing various beauty bloggers
who are about 10 years younger than me to get some decent product ideas, and have been pleased to discover some that actually do work on my aging boat-race. Nothing like a face freshen-up to put a spring in your step!
5. More new bulbs shooting out in our garden! Crocuses have joined the daffs, and now mini daffs are poking through- few things make me smile more than spring flowers.
6. More wedding planning progression. Our invite designs are nearly ready to print and send out, we’ve booked the cake, had the vicar over one evening to go through the order of service, and chosen our ‘entrance’ and ‘exit’ music for the church, and also our first dance song. More things ticked off the list make me a very happy bride to-be!
7. Freddie doing really well as swimming yesterday. He’s reached the stage whereby he’s super-fast and confident on his front and back using a noodle, but has been upset at the prospect of giving doggy paddle a go on his own, or jumping in the pool by himself. Well, yesterday was progress, and he managed the jump alone, as well as picking up a ring from the bottom of the pool. He was so pleased with himself and we were so proud of him. Doggy paddle still might not happen for a while, which is fine, but he was losing confidence and becoming afraid as he knew this was the next step, so we want him to relax and love his swimming again, and yesterday really helped.
8. Having a photoshoot last Thursday with ‘Style at Home’ Magazine who wanted to come and take some snaps of my bathroom for a future issue! I was approached for this by an interiors journalist who had seen this blog. I had to keep pinching myself that this was happening (as well as sport my best ‘I relax at home standing in my bathroom all the time’ look). One of the many amazing things that has happened to me a result of starting blogging. I can’t recommend starting a blog enough if you haven’t already!
What has made you happy this week?
Linking up with Kerri Ann and Sian and ‘Count Your Lucky Stars’