I’m still looking to continue these posts in 2019 as they’re some of my favourite to write, and my motto is always do what makes you happy. I’m aware that people tend to sometimes overlook blog posts these days in favour of my instant content i.e. Instagram, but nothing beats a permanent record of your life ‘on digital paper’, what you’ve been up (providing what you’ve been up to is good that is!). I do get a little sad when some of my faves don’t write as much anymore, and I guess it’s a sign of the ever-changing nature of the digital world, but I’ll probably always be knocking around this space until I’m old and grey!
I have to admit that I’m someone who doesn’t actually mind January, despite many others finding it depressing. I get excited about the year ahead, I like to start making plans and putting them in to action, and you always know that spring is just around the corner….
Here are 10 things that have made me happy lately:
- Getting back into a routine. I ADORE Christmas and having the children off school, but there’s better for sanity and the productive soul than everyone knowing (roughly) what’s going to happen and when. I know, I know, I sound like a real blast!
- Camping booked with friends- we ACTUALLY managed to get 4 families and kids to commit to a June camping trip and book and pay for it with relative ease, a new year miracle!
- Painting with Arlo. I bought some little toddler brushes from an Ebay store the other day, and he absolutely LOVED having a go at painting properly for the first time. Honestly, it kept him amused for a good half an hour, with my just changing paper at his request 🙂
- Luther- HOW have we not watched this before?! Scary AF though
- New(ish) hair- not much beats a few hours in the hairdressers to have fresh colour and the rats tails trimmed, always makes me feel like a new woman.
- Ditto freshly painted nails. I’d been having gels done every few weeks for the past 3 years, but I don’t know if it’s just been me and my nails, or my usual nail bar was going down the pan, but my gels were starting to chip and peel after only a few days, so I’ve started doing my own again, and it’s actually quite relaxing on an evening in front of the telly.
- Getting back into the gym and general healthy living. I’ve been exercising 3-4 times a week since Christmas, plus cut out booze, and I’ve lost 5 pounds already without trying (no dieting here). I feel SO much better and clear-headed.
- Reading the Secret Seven to Sasha each night. We are working our way through the books and she loves it, reminds me so much of my own childhood.
- The return of Cadburys Mini Eggs in the shops. You know it makes sense.
- Listening to Joseph and The Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat- Freddie is singing this at school in preparation for a performance of it in April, so we played it on our Alexa and I transformed into embarrassing, singing mum as I also sang this when I was in Year 3. So Good! I’m not sure Freddie would agree that my singing was though!