One of the things I’ve loathed over the past couple of months of being in a slump is the feeling of bumbling along and not really having much focus. As the years have gone by I’ve realised at the grand old age of 32 that I’m someone who likes to makes lists, plans and have little targets to keep me ticking over. The feeling I get once these goals, both big and little, are ticked off is awesome!
These past couple of weeks or so I’ve felt much better, and whilst we’re still having a couple of minor things delaying our house move (ETA end of August hopefully), overall my head is no longer spinning and for the first time in what feels like yonks, I’m back to my happy, motivated self.
I thought it might be good for me to write some of these goals down in order to keep me focused, and review at the end of each month whether or not I achieved them, if I managed to get any others completed, or if I was actually too unrealistic. Most of these goals aren’t life-or-death things that NEED to happen, but if I don’t have even a small plan, shit just doesn’t get done, no matter how organised I am!
Fitness, health and well-being
I think it’s really easy to be vague when it comes to these sort of goals, such as saying “I’ll do 3 sessions a week at the gym” (which is what I’ve been doing lately, with hit-and-miss results). Through out July I’m going to be specific:
- I will do 3 gym sessions a week, on the following days- Tuesday morning, Thursday morning and a weekend morning first thing. Tuesdays is Bootcamp, Thursdays spin or body combat, and weekend morning running and weights.
- Continue eating lower carb, but not beating myself up if the odd tiredness-induced carby meal kicks in (side eye the cheesy beans on toast).
- Continue to build my posting back up to where it was a few months ago i.e. several a week. Prepare/plan a week’s worth of posts in advance.
- Design and put together a media pack for potential clients.
- Pitch to 2 brands that I love with an idea, and who I think would be a great fit to work together.
- Continue to change my maiden name to my married name on a few more things, this month- driving licence, kid’s school, remaining bank account, library card (it’s only taken a year!).
- Start packing boxes for house move.
- Get quote from landscape gardener for tackling new house garden so we’re ‘ready to go’ when we move in.
- Continue bullet journal prep for month of July (see post coming next week!)
I think these are all achievable…
I don’t want to set myself up to fail, but I definitely think these are all ‘doable’, and a few are things I’ve been meaning to do for a while so I know that following through with them will give me immense satisfaction #saddo
I’ll report back at the end of July!
Do you have any goals you want to achieve this month?
To celebrate me feeling a bit more on top of the world again, I have a fab giveaway of a £50 Amazon Voucher, so you too can buy stuff to get you organised, or just something that will fill your July with joy!
All you have to do is fill out the Rafflecopter below, using as many of the options as you’d like:
Terms and Conditions: Competition closes at 11.59pm GMT on Sunday 31st July 2016. Entries received after this time and date will not be valid. Giveaway open to UK residents only. Entrants must be 18 and over. Winner will be selected at random via Rafflecopter after the closing date and will be notified within 5 days of competition end. Only entrants received via the Rafflecopter widget will be considered valid. The prize is a £50 Amazon Gift Card- no cash alternatives to the stated prize will be offered.