We’ve had such a lovely summer, despite the weather not always being that favourable. It’s been weird- one minute I felt the holidays were dragging a little, and then it feels like it’s zoomed by and the children are starting school/back at preschool next week. Here are a few little snaps of our summer, some photos that never made it into a blog post of their own, but each tell a story. I can’t wait to get back into the swing of blogging next week after a bit of a break over the summer, I’ve really missed not writing more, but it’s been fab to just focus on the kiddywinks. And maybe I’ll finally get a blog post about our wedding up, you never know! 😉
- You can’t beat a party in the park! These are from my gorgeous niece’s 1st birthday party picnic last month.
- My (not so little) little guy and I. He’s now so excited to start his new school next week, and is particularly looking forward to the home visit from his teacher on Thursday. I am so excited for him too, and think this new chapter will really allow him to blossom.
- Chocolate cake and strawberries, again for my niece’s birthday, on possibly THE most beautiful blanket. I need one of these, even if it’s for purely creating lovely photos at picnics!
- Freddie having a go at, and being actually rather good at, archery during our visit to Hever Castle. I was surprised to see that children from 2.5 years could have a go, so both S and F did, S being a tad young really, but Freddie really got into it. We had to go back later in the day for more go’s!
- My tinkerish twosome. Boy, have they had some fights this holiday at home, but when out and about, they always look out for each other and stick together. I love how protective Freddie is of his little sister.
- Sasha, never more happy than when she’s at the park, or having a bit of rough and tumble. She’s going through a bit of a ‘threenager’ stage, but I’ll think she’ll really benefit from having some more 1-2-1 time with me when she’s not at preschool and whilst Freddie is at school. I can’t wait to spend more time with her too!
- Our independent boy. I’ve really noticed that he’s grown up and changed once more, just with a few subtle developments. Lately, he’s been waking up early, and having discovered he can open the fridge and get the milk out, has taken to making himself and Sasha breakfast in the morning, which can be rather messy! We’ve come down to Weetabix and milk all over the place, but we really don’t want to discourage him as he’s always so pleased and proud of himself afterwards. I think we might start putting the milk in a small jug, and leave bowls out ready. Nothing gets you moving out of bed faster than hearing a 4 year old rummaging through the dishwasher and shouting upstairs “What shall I do with this knife, Daddy?”!!!
- Cooking up some fresh rhubarb from the garden, to make rhubarb and ginger compote- mine and Adam’s favourite thing to eat with vanilla ice cream!
- Beautiful Hydrangeas in our back garden. I will be doing a reflective garden post this next week, featuring some of my faves from this summer.
- Raspberries, also from our garden. We have had loads this year, and the type we have continue to flower into Autumn, so I can’t wait to keep on picking them!
I hope you had an ace summer too?
I must admit though, I’m quite excited for Autumn, which is possibly my favourite season: leaf kicking, jumpers and scarves, that bonfire smell, hot chocolate, apple and blackberry crumble, roast dinners and stews, Halloween, fireworks, and knowing that Christmas is just around the corner…
I can’t wait!