Now we’re onto the second week of December, I’m really starting to feel in the festive mood and getting in full swing for the party season! As I’m sure I’ve mentioned before (sorry if I’m becoming a broken record now, but I can’t help how good it feels!) is the fact that now we’re in our new loft room, there is SO much more space than our previous room to move around in, and therefore getting ready to go out, or try on a potential party outfit on is a much more pleasant experience.
We’re fortunate that more space, means more options to buy some lovely furniture, including a decent, full length mirror (hurrah for being able to now do Instagram outfit selfies! ;-)), and to also purchase a dressing table, something I haven’t actually had since I was a teenager. It sounds pathetic,but having somewhere to store all of my make up and beauty stuff, plus actually sit down and put my face on actually makes me want to weep with the joy that only a make up enthusiast can have. This comes after several years of wrestling lipsticks and bronzer off rogue babies and toddlers whilst trying to apply make up on the bed/floor, and now I can finally feel like a proper grown up, and, er, actually sit ON A CHAIR, in front of a MIRROR!
I’d always loved the whole process of getting ready to go out when I was younger, but then living in
total dives shared houses with grotty furniture and nowhere decent to do your make up took the joy out of this slightly. In our old bedroom in our current house there was no room for a dressing table, and our old full-length mirror was all scratched and shabby. I can’t wait to spoil myself now, and with several Christmas ‘dos’ and a festive wedding coming up, this year will be the year that I put on some ‘going out-out’ music, have a child-free scented oil bath, get to try on some outfits and then pretty-myself-up.
With all this in mind, I was more than happy to check out Furniture Village’s range of dressing tables and mirrors when they got in touch, and share with you my pick of their lovely ranges…
- Bergen Dressing Table – I absolutely love this 1950’s retro-inspired dressing table in glorious walnut, and also the fact that it has plenty of modern functionality too, what with it’s hidden flip-top mirror. £539.
- Polar 4 Drawer Dresser – This modern-looking dresser would actually look great in our bedroom, as it goes well with our similar bedside tables, plus the drawers mean there is oodles of storage for all of your beauty bits and bobs. Add a mirror on top, and job done! Not cheap, but a great, classic investment piece for your bedroom £749.
- Maddox Double Pedestal Dressing Table – The contemporary Maddox double pedestal dressing table is beautifully balanced and proportioned, with three deep drawers on each side of the large dressing table top. A great look in a more modern bedroom. £339.
- Lambeth Cheval Full-length Mirror – This tall floor-standing rectangular mirror will add a touch of elegance to any home. The traditional silver bevelled frame has classic ornate scroll decoration to the top and corners. £139
- Loxley Bedroom Cheval Mirror – This Loxley Bedroom Cheval Mirror has been beautifully crafted from solid Indonesian mahogany and is finished with mahogany veneer. It would make a great focal point in your room if you love a traditional style.
- Emily Vanity Mirror – This charming vanity mirror would be the perfect addition to many dressing tables, and has handy adjustable tilt. £119.
I personally am in LOVE with the Bergan Dressing Table- what about you?
How do you like to get ready for the party season? I’d love to know!
To help get you in a the mood for a festive shin-dig, Furniture Village have a fab Christmas Countdown on their website, featuring tips from myself and other bloggers- do have a gander as there are some awesome prizes to be won!
*A big thank you to Furniture Village for collaborating with The Spirited Puddle Jumper.