On the blog today I thought I’d publish the second Minecraft Easter hat tutorial, this time for a DIY Minecraft ‘EggCraft’ Easter Hat! The first one, a Minecraft Easter Bunny hat went down a treat with S, so this one was for F, who is BIG on Minecraft, and who, at 11, is way past anything craft-wise but that is considered babyish. This kind of Easter hat was one that he could definitely get on board with when it came to taking it to school for Easter day!
Really simple to make, you don’t actually need that many items to make it either.
You will need:
- Straw hat
- Pretend ‘craft’ straw (or real straw would work too)
- 12 White, foam eggs – 8 to paint green, 4 to paint red
- Red and green craft paints and paint brushes
- Black sharpie
- Minecraft logo print out and some white paper
- Glue gun
Instructions for your Minecraft Easter hat:
- Get your child to paint the eggs green and red and leave to dry overnight. I found that a good way to paint and dry the foam eggs was to put a cocktail stick in the bottom that you could hold whilst painting, and then sacrifice an apple or other piece of fruit and stick the egg on the stick in to dry!
- In the meantime, use your glue gun and stick the straw all around the rim and on top of the hat.
- Once the eggs are dry, draw ‘Creeper’ faces on the green eggs, and write TNT onto the red eggs using the black sharpie.
- Using your glue gun, arrange the eggs and then glue them (again, carefully using the glue gun), around the rim and on top of the hat.
- Stick the Minecraft logo onto the front of the hat, and over the first part of the writing, stick a piece of paper with the words ‘egg’ written on it.
And there you go- a really easy Minecraft Easter hat that’s great for Minecraft-mad children and a cool way for them to join in with Easter celebrations!
Do you have any ideas for cool Easter hats for kids? I’d love to hear your ideas in the comments below!