Last week we made these super-easy ‘4 Ingredient’ flapjacks, as I was getting a bit fed up of spending a fair bit of of money most weeks on pre-packaged toddler cereal bars. These ones have no added sugar in them, and are great to make with little ones as there is no ‘proper’ measuring or faffing about with numerous ingredients involved. Tres easy baking!
Since they’re so quick to make, this will hold the attention span of even the most gnat-like toddler going!
You will need:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 mugs of rolled oats
- 1/2 mug finely chopped walnuts (or raisins, if you’re not sure about your child eating nuts)
- 1/2 mug chocolate chips
- Optional: cinnamon or vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees c.
- Mash the bananas with a fork or masher until there are no large chunks and they are almost like liquid. Add vanilla now if using.
3. Stir in oats until evenly combined.
4. Stir in walnuts and chocolate chips.
5. Grease a small square baking tin and then pack the mixture in.
6. Cook for 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
7. Cut the flapjacks in to squares, and enjoy!