One of the things I love the most about the weather being on the turn, is that it’s now totally acceptable to start cooking lovely, warming comfort food once more! I love a salad, but, you know, it doesn’t always hit the spot in quite the same way as a lovely bake or stew! We had this dish the other night, and got to use some of our fresh thyme from the garden 🙂 Served best with some delicious green veg.
Serves 4, prep – 15 minutes, cooking time – 55 – minutes, total time – 1 hour 10 minutes
You will need:
- 850g pack British chicken thighs & drumsticks
- 200g shallots, peeled and halved
- 400g butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into wedges
- 4 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 30g walnut halves
- 15g fresh thyme, leaves picked, with a few washed sprigs left whole to garnish
- 50g Abergavenny goats’ cheese to crumble
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180ºC, gas 6. Put the chicken in a large baking dish with the shallots, butternut squash and garlic. Drizzle with the oil and toss to coat.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and roast in the oven for 45 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Remove the dish from the oven and stir through the walnuts and the thyme leaves. Roast for a further 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, the skin is crispy, the squash is tender and the walnuts are toasted.
- To serve, crumble over the goats’ cheese and garnish with the thyme.
Teaming up with Vicki and those ‘Tasty Tuesdays’!
Vytorin warnings Tallahassee shipping doxazosin Banda el recodo consecuencia de mis actos Floxin ear drops prices Bactroban nasal swab Where to buy benicar 40mg online in Saskatoon Where to buy promethazine 25mg in South Carolina Tricor testing Rogaine or propecia work Buy promethazine 25mg online from Hawaii