For those of you who don’t know, Adam and I are getting married at the end of June, and one of the
main reasons I am marrying this rather marvellous man, is the fact that his pesto recipe is the best I have ever tried! It beats even the best jar pestos hands down, and is just so so flavoursome. The children also love it, and it delicious simply with pasta, or in a sandwich or salad. The man has many talents, but this bright green, party-for-the-palate pesto is definitely high up on the list!
- 1/2 chopped clove of garlic
- 4 decent handfuls of fresh basil, minus tougher stalks
- 1 handful lightly toasted pine nuts
- 1 large handful grated Parmesan cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small squeeze of lemon juice
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- Whizz the chopped garlic, basil leaves and salt and pepper in a food processor.
- Add the pine nuts to the mixture and whizz again.
- Empty into a bowl and add half the parmesan, before stirring in enough olive oil to bind everything together (don't let it get too runny).
- Season again to taste, and then add the rest of the cheese, again, stirring in gently.
- Add more olive oil if necessary (consistency preference depending), and stir.
- Add a squeeze of lemon if you like (we find this gives it a nice 'twang'!).
- The pesto can be stored in air-tight tupperware in the fridge for up to a week.