For those of you who don’t know, Adam and I are getting married at the end of June, and one of the
main reasons I am marrying this rather marvellous man, is the fact that his pesto recipe is the best I have ever tried! It beats even the best jar pestos hands down, and is just so so flavoursome. The children also love it, and it delicious simply with pasta, or in a sandwich or salad. The man has many talents, but this bright green, party-for-the-palate pesto is definitely high up on the list!
World's Best Pesto Recipe
A delicious, bursting with flavour, green pesto recipe, great with pasta, or in salads and sandwiches.
Write a review
- 1/2 chopped clove of garlic
- 4 decent handfuls of fresh basil, minus tougher stalks
- 1 handful lightly toasted pine nuts
- 1 large handful grated Parmesan cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small squeeze of lemon juice
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- Whizz the chopped garlic, basil leaves and salt and pepper in a food processor.
- Add the pine nuts to the mixture and whizz again.
- Empty into a bowl and add half the parmesan, before stirring in enough olive oil to bind everything together (don't let it get too runny).
- Season again to taste, and then add the rest of the cheese, again, stirring in gently.
- Add more olive oil if necessary (consistency preference depending), and stir.
- Add a squeeze of lemon if you like (we find this gives it a nice 'twang'!).
- The pesto can be stored in air-tight tupperware in the fridge for up to a week.
The Spirited Puddle Jumper https://www.spiritedpuddlejumper.com/
I can vouch for the yumminess of Adam’s pesto sauce – absolutely the best going!
Sure is motherdearest! x
Great reason to marry a man!! I love pesto and homemade is certainly far better than anything you can buy!!
DEFINITELY a good reason 😉 I’m sure there must be a market for really, really good pesto, I’ve yet to try an amazing jar or pot one found in the supermarket…
I love pesto, I put it with all sorts, thanks for sharing this recipe #tastytuesdays
Me too, goes on everything!
I can’t wait to make this World’s best pesto and serve it myself! I LOVE pesto 🙂
I do too! I must get Adam to branch out and start trying some new ones, now he’s mastered the classic pesto! 😉
This looks absolutely incredible. Some of us are dairy free and one is garlic free and I would so love to make and eat this right now! #brilliantblogposts
Aah thank you- it really is worth giving it a go!