This last week has been one of those very mixed weeks, where I’ve had days that have been, frankly, crap, and others where I’ve been ‘woohoo’! The crap has been getting over a sick bug from last weekend (not pretty) and catching up on life-admin, plus dealing with a sudden burst of ‘Threenager’ behaviour after we thought we were over the worst. Nothing like preschoolers to keep you on your toes eh?!Adam also has had a recurring problem with his hip that has been exacerbated by all the football he does, and this week was told he will need a hip-op come the New Year which is worrying 🙁 BUT, lots of good stuff has happened too, and when you’ve had a week where the bad stuff is in danger of overtaking the good, it pays to plug away at remembering the good and to woman-up- life in general is great, we really can’t complain too much!
Here are things that I’ve loved this week:
1. I can’t not put this one first- I have a new job! It’s as social media manager of a local company, and what’s great is I can work from home and manage the hours to suit me. It really is a dream part-time job, and I’m excited to get stuck in as they’re giving me freedom to make the role my own and work with them to devise a strategy. I can’t wait!
2. My dad came to stay this weekend and we all enjoyed a lovely lunch out on Saturday. He’s so good with the children, and really funny- their favourite story books often have bits ‘changed’ by him – F & S get really indignant!
3. We had the children re-tested for their food intolerances, after following the advised 3 months of cutting out cow dairy (both), oranges (Freddie) and cherries (Sasha!). The good news is they are no longer coming up as intolerant to cow dairy now it’s out of their system, and Freddie’s bad eczema has pretty much disappeared. Whilst we’re going to carry on their largely dairy-free diet, it means that they can have the odd treat/meal with it in every now and again, or food at a party. As long as we don’t overload on the dairy, their skin should be okay. This is such a big thing, as Freddie in particular had such sore skin, and we were putting cream on him nearly every day. Now we count on one hand the number of times in 3 months that he’s needed some on him. Result!
4. I’ve agreed some blog work with a big interiors/homeware brand that I LOVE, and can’t wait to receive what they’re sending me to review!
5. We ordered new sofas a few weeks ago, and they’re not due to arrive with us until November. I got a phone call a few days ago saying that our main sofa should be here this week, and the other chair the week after. Anyone who knows me well knows that I’ve been wanting rid of our current sofas for AGES now, so this is great news. It’s the little things, right?!
6. I thoroughly enjoyed the tastiest slice of Italian baked cheesecake at the weekend- I could eat the stuff all day, every day!
7. My shop will be enjoying a boost as I sourced some beautiful new bowls and plates- hoping potential customers will love them.
8. I took Sasha to the Horiman Museum in Forest Hill on Thursday and had such a lovely time with my little lady. There is a small aquarium, natural history and nature section with loads to look at, and some gorgeous grounds to walk in. Oh, and a fab cafe where I enjoyed nearly an hour of reading the newspaper and scoffing a cream tea whilst she had a rare nap in the buggy. This NEVER happens anymore so I definitely made the most of it!
9. Researching potential honeymoon destinations. We were nearly swayed by Iceland, but I think we’re going to go for a few days in Venice now instead (more romantic we think!). If anyone has any tips or hotel recommendations, it would be really appreciated.
10. Having my hair done and a new fringe cut in- it’s amazing how a new hair do can really perk up your week!
11. Celebrating a month off the sauce and feeling great for it. I’m sure I will write a post soon about this in more detail, but I’m already feeling the benefits of clearer skin, better sleep and more energy. Long may I continue (although it has been tricky at times!).
12. A brilliant, sunny Sunday with our two little tinkers. After a couple of shouty days from me during the week where I was trying to juggle too much and not focusing properly on the children, resulting in tears all round, the weekend has been great. We went leaf-kicking, went for cake at a cafe, played outside, did puzzles together and read loads of books. The TV didn’t come on once and we were all better for it and for spending some quality time together. Amen to more days like this!
What have you enjoyed this week?
Linking up with Katie and The Ordinary Moments