As someone who spents a fair bit of time (okay, a lot) of time in front of a screen of sorts for both work and play, I’m becoming increasingly aware of the effect this has on my health.
Whether it’s my short-term attention span from flicking to my phone for no good reason (easily resolved my moving it to another room), or a burning the midnight oil in front of the laptop once the kids are in bed (not great for a pre-sleep routine), I know that my wellbeing can be compromised each time I use my tech.
One of the things that I’ve been mindful of recently is my eye health when using my computer. I already wear contacts, and whilst my eyes are in okay shape considering, I know that they get tired easily whilst working. I do have prescription glasses that I enjoy wearing, but these often aren’t practical when the weather is rainy or too sunny (so I don’t want to have to keep switching from contacts to glasses between school runs), and they can also have ‘glare’ from my screens too.
So when Spektrum got in touch asking if I’d like to test-drive a pair of their 50% blue light blocking glasses, I was like “hell yeah!”
I chose a pair of stylish Artist blue light blocking glasses from their range (there are plenty to choose from), and when they arrived and I popped them on I LOVED how they looked – so cool.
But did they help my eyes?
I wore them every evening for a week, and whilst it took me an evening to get used to them, by half way through the test period I noticed that I felt significantly less tired from looking at my screen each evening, whether it was for work or for downtime.
As well as blocking the recommended 50% of damaging blue light your eyes are exposed to every time you turn on your screens at night, every pair of glasses comes with the following:
- 100% UVA and 100% UVB light blocking coating.
- Anti-Scratch Coating: important because you want your blue light blocking glasses to perform for years to come!
- Anti-Reflective Coating: To eliminate the eye strain caused by most yellow tinted and cheaply made blue low blue light glasses, plus improve your eyes’ ability to process naturally, and relieve fatigue.
- Anti-Screen Flicker & Anti-Glare Coating: To block out glare, alleviate eye strain & prevent the leading cause of electronics related and PC Gamer headaches.
- Anti-Fog Coating: A micro-thin coating that prevents your glasses from fogging up, regardless of the temperature change between your home, office and the great outdoors.
- Fingerprint Resistant Anti-Oil Coating: Because everyone wants a smudge free view.
- Extra added protection of Electromagnetic Ray Blocking Glasses Coating, supporting you to protect your eyes from eye cancer and cataracts.
I’m so chuffed I’ve got my pair now as I believe they work and they’re really comfy – I’ll continue to wear them whilst working on my laptop.
A big thumbs up from me!
Thanks to Spektrum for working with The Spirited Puddle Jumper in exchange for an honest review, all thoughts and opinions my own.