We are some of the more fortunate ones when it comes to lockdown, in that we’ve had a lot more time to cook and bake in general than normal, and luckily had a fair number of supplies in the baking stash already. The other week Adam made peanut butter brownies with all 3 children, an activity I feel possibly wasn’t the most relaxing(!), but lots of fun all the same. Ad is king of brownies in our household, they are very much his ‘thing’ so I am very happy to hand over the reins when it comes to these- whatever kind they are they are delicious every time!
These are relatively easy to make and even if you’re not naturally a peanut butter fan these are SO tasty, definitely ones to add to your baking repertoire!
225g crunchy peanut butter (we use Whole Earth as less sugar)
200g dark chocolate, chopped into pieces
280g soft, light brown sugar
3 medium eggs
100g self-raising flour
- Set aside 50g each of peanut butter and the chocolate. Pre-heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and then line a 20cm square baking tin with baking parchment.
- Gently melt remaining peanut butter, chocolate and all the sugar in a pan, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has pretty much melted. Transfer mix into a bowl to cool down slightly. Turn off heat and use a wooden spoon to beat in the eggs one by one. Stir in the flour and scrape into the tin.
- Melt the reserved peanut butter in the microwave on ‘high’ for 45 secs, or in a pan, until runny, then drizzle over the brownie.
- Bake for 20-25 mins until it has a crust, but the middle still seems gooey.
- Melt the leftover chocolate, drizzle over the brownie, then cool in the tin before cutting into squares.
Then enjoy! Peanut butter brownies that are delicious warm and with vanilla ice cream!