After some, how shall we put it? ‘Keen’ interest on social media following me making a Salted Caramel Toblerone cheesecake for a family BBQ yesterday, I thought I would share the recipe here on the blog!
This cheesecake is honestly to die for, and is ridiculously easy to make (I’ve only ever made a handful of cheesecakes in my time, and have adapted this one from a basic chocolate one I can do with my eyes closed). It’s no bake which makes it even easier, and Freddie and Sasha even got involved with some serious digestive crushing.
I was so chuffed that it went down a storm at our family gathering, and will definitely making this again when we next have friends over.
If I can make this, anyone can!
- 300g Full-fat soft cheese
- 200g Double Cream
- 250g of melted Toblerone
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 Teaspoons of rock salt
- 150g Chocolate Digestive Biscuits (crushed with a rolling pin)
- 50g Melted butter
- 2 Tbsp drinking chocolate or cocoa powder
- Salted caramel sauce (can be purchased from most big supermarkets)
- Broken bits of Toblerone to decorate
- Crush your digestive biscuits with a rolling pin, and then melt your butter in a saucepan.
- Mix your biscuits, melted butter and cocoa powder together.
- Grease an 18- 20cm round tin with a loose base with butter, and then add and smooth down your biscuit mixture. Chill for half an hour.
- Beat the cream cheese and double cream in a mixer (or by hand if you're strong!) until it can 'drop' i.e. not too runny.
- Fold in the melted Toblerone, maple syrup and rock salt, pour into your tin, smooth over and leave to set for at least 3 hours, preferably 4.
- When your cheesecake is ready, drizzle salted caramel sauce over it, and add chunks of Toblerone.