After some, how shall we put it? ‘Keen’ interest on social media following me making a Salted Caramel Toblerone cheesecake for a family BBQ yesterday, I thought I would share the recipe here on the blog!
This cheesecake is honestly to die for, and is ridiculously easy to make (I’ve only ever made a handful of cheesecakes in my time, and have adapted this one from a basic chocolate one I can do with my eyes closed). It’s no bake which makes it even easier, and Freddie and Sasha even got involved with some serious digestive crushing.
I was so chuffed that it went down a storm at our family gathering, and will definitely making this again when we next have friends over.
If I can make this, anyone can!
- 300g Full-fat soft cheese
- 200g Double Cream
- 250g of melted Toblerone
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 Teaspoons of rock salt
- 150g Chocolate Digestive Biscuits (crushed with a rolling pin)
- 50g Melted butter
- 2 Tbsp drinking chocolate or cocoa powder
- Salted caramel sauce (can be purchased from most big supermarkets)
- Broken bits of Toblerone to decorate
- Crush your digestive biscuits with a rolling pin, and then melt your butter in a saucepan.
- Mix your biscuits, melted butter and cocoa powder together.
- Grease an 18- 20cm round tin with a loose base with butter, and then add and smooth down your biscuit mixture. Chill for half an hour.
- Beat the cream cheese and double cream in a mixer (or by hand if you're strong!) until it can 'drop' i.e. not too runny.
- Fold in the melted Toblerone, maple syrup and rock salt, pour into your tin, smooth over and leave to set for at least 3 hours, preferably 4.
- When your cheesecake is ready, drizzle salted caramel sauce over it, and add chunks of Toblerone.
If you’re looking for another easy dessert recipe to try, then Jen’s Microwave sponge pudding recipe could be right up your street!