Regular readers will know that I enjoy getting my craft on from time-to-time (although not as often as I’d like!), but I find that the things that are most enjoyable to make are of the seasonal variety!
Today’s post shows you how to make your own stylish Christmas wall hanging by repurposing an embroidery hoop and adding some wooden stars in shimmering metallics and glitters.
This easy DIY project can be customised to match your festive colour scheme (this has been a bit of trial and error this year in our new house as we dress it for the first time!). We’ve used festive colours from Rust-Oleum brush and spray paints for this project but you could use similar.
What you will need:
- Embroidery hoop
- Wooden stars
- Glue gun
- Rust-Oleum White Gold and Rose Gold Metallic Spray Paint
- Rust-Oleum Glitter Ultra Shimmer in Gold and Silver
- Take a can of Rust-Oleum White Gold Metallic Spray Paint and shake well. Hold the can approx 30cm from the surface of your hoop. Apply several light coats a few minutes apart. Leave to dry in a well-ventilated place.
- Repeat the process and spray a selection of stars in Rust-Oleum Rose Gold Metallic and the Glitter Ultra-Shimmer in silver and gold. Again, leave these to dry in a well-ventilated area.
- Once fully dry, arrange the stars in a design around the hoop. Once you’re happy with the layout, attach the stars and thread using a glue gun.
Once the glue is dry your wall hanging is ready to display!
That is beautiful. I looked at the the preview and actually thought it was shop bought.What a great creation x
Thanks Kim, it’s a great project!