If you read my blog last week, you might know that I’m currently making a few decisions with regards to our fairly new loft bedroom, in terms of decoration and which style to go for. I love a blank canvas, but currently this space is a little too blank, and really needs some personality injected to it, pronto.
We (and when I say ‘we’, I mean ‘I’), are currently deciding on bedroom ideas, including furniture pieces to compliment our lovely new bed and wardrobes, and potential pictures and prints on the walls. I’m torn between giving the room some big, bold statement pieces, like a brightly painted chest, or even paint one of the walls a strong, feature colour.
If you’re stuck in a rut like me when it comes to your own sleeping space, some great bedroom ideas that might be suitable include:
- Adding some seating to the room. A comfortable chair can make a room feel super-cozy and inviting, and if you choose a bold colour or print, it can be a real statement piece to an otherwise muted space. Just don’t let it become a dumping ground! Place the chair away from your wardrobe so you don’t get undressed and fling your clothes on it.
- Avoiding big, empty walls. Yes, you might think it makes the space look bigger, but it will make the scaling of the room vs the furniture look odd. A selection of smaller prints/photos, or one big one on a blank wall is the way forward for most bedrooms.
- If you can’t afford big pieces of art, or prints on a large space, then hang multiple picture frames in uniform rows and fill with photos of the ones you love. We did this in our living room and it worked really well. It would look great above a bed!
- Remembering that not everything has to match, or be symmetrical. For example, if you have slightly different tastes, then you could have a different bedside table each, with a different lamp on it, to mix things up a bit and add interest. Make it a room you both love!
- being kind to your bedroom! Sounds odd, but really do give it the thought and consideration you would do the other rooms in your house when it comes to decorating- we spend a third of our lives in there after all!
Do you have any great tips when it comes to decorating your bedroom?
excellent submit, very informative. I ponder why the opposite experts of this sector do not understand this.
You must continue your writing. I’m sure, you have a great readers’ base already!
That yellow wallpaper is gooooorgeous… I’m in the middle of the planning stages for my own room 🙂