It’s been a while since I did an ‘around our home’ post, and I’m woefully aware that I still haven’t written/photographed our new loft extension and office-to-be. This is because we’re still awaiting wardrobes and other furniture for our new bedroom (clothes have been living on temporary rails for far too long!), as well as a new desk and chair, plus prints for the office, so nothing is particularly pretty or blog worthy right now! Hopefully within the next few weeks this will change, and the respective rooms will start coming into their own.
I don’t know about you, but I hate living in a chaotic space, and the clothes-hanging situation has been driving me nuts, and I finally snapped the other night and pinned down Adam into making a decision and getting something ordered- and boy do I feel SO much better for doing this!
Anyway, in the meantime, here are a few snaps of some of the new(ish) additions to our home:
- Our new bed. Even before we’d had the loft work completed, I knew I wanted a decent new bed, one with a bit of ‘presence’, and had my eye on this one from ‘Feather and Black’. Which as new beds go, was quite reasonably priced. We love it, and it really makes the room. Now we just need the other furniture to go with it!
- Two fabulous wedding-related pictures that I can’t wait to put up! The first compliments our wedding invites, and was a gift from our friends Luke and Becky (Luke designed our wedding invites, and is an ace graphic designer). The second is awesome and from my lovely blogger pal Katrina, and totally fits in with our London wedding theme, which involved some transport through the city. Train-lover Freddie is a big fan of this!
- A teeny bargain house plant from Sainsburys of all places, and was only a few quid. Behind you can see that once again we’ve chosen patterned frosted film for new bathroom, having done similar in our big family bathroom. We asked the builders to put in plain glass, and then measured up and bought the film online for about £40. I love that it just looks a bit ‘different’, and personally more attractive than traditional ‘bathroom glass’.
- Our new exposed shower valve in the en-suite bathroom.
- Me snapping, reflected in our temporary en-suite bathroom mirror, only about a fiver from Ikea, and it just sticks on with a sucker! It was supposed to be there only for a week or two whilst we made a decision on a more permanent one, but so far it’s stayed as it actually looks pretty good!
- Making use of our old bedroom lampshade in the loft room stairway. This was actually Adam’s idea (shock horror!), and the patterns it makes when the light’s turned on are beautiful in the stairway and add interest. Definitely my surprise placement in the house so far! I think it was from Homebase originally.
- I love this retro-inspired clock that we bought from Waitrose using some of our wedding vouchers, and is now in our new bedroom.
- This super-cool bag from an Etsy store called ‘Tellkiddo’ is to go in our new office, and is housing the gazillion wrapping paper rolls that I seem to have accumulated.
- 3 of 9 glass bottles that I was given for our wedding decoration by my friend Loui. They are currently sitting on our office window sil, and I should really check and see if she wants them back or not! If not, I want to put a single artificial flower in each one for a pop of colour.
- Our second floor industrial-style pendant light, from Ikea. A pain to fit, but looks great once up. Collects the dust like crazy though, definitely needs a regular polish!
- A sweet little cotton-wool-storing ceramic bunny from TIGER (only £3!), that stores fluff in it’s tail, currently residing on the window sil in the family bathroom- the children think it’s rather cute. 🙂