A few days ago I was tagged by my lovely blogging pal, Renee, to list 50 things that make me happy. I don’t usually do blog ‘tags’ but I love the idea of this one, and anything that reminds me of all the lovely things, big or small, that can put a smile on me face is always good!
So without further adieu, here are 50 things that can make me a very happy lady…
- A full night’s sleep. Not broken by small people needing a wee (or worse!), but a deep, refreshing, undisturbed one.
- Meeting up with friends for a few hours on a sunny evening or afternoon to have coffee, or in a lovely pub garden, and putting the world to rights over a few drinks. Lovely!
- That first, strong coffee of the morning. I massively heart my Nespresso machine.
- A Sunday roast (beef or chicken for me), then lazing about on the sofa for the rest of the afternoon.
- When the children both come in to our bedroom in the morning, their big smiles at seeing us are the best thing ever, and then they climb in to bed for cuddles.
- When the children say “I love you Mummy” unexpectedly.
- The sound of the front door opening and Adam shouting “hello!” after he’s been at work.
- Attending a wedding. I love them, and they’re always such happy occasions, and chance to have a drink, a boogie, and a catch up with all your mates!
- Walking around the garden early doors, when the sun is shining, drinking my cup of tea or coffee and having a few minutes peace and breathing in the fresh morning air.
- Evenings out with my Mum and having a good catch up sans children over a bottle of wine.
- Which brings me on to decent wine- a nice chilled glass of Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc will always make me happy!
- Bacon sandwiches.
- Seeing the children learn something new.
- When Freddie and Sasha are particularly kind to one another i.e. helping the other one to do something, or just having a cuddle with each other on the sofa.
- Walking through our local woods as a family.
- Holidays, and even packing up the car, or arriving and waiting at the airport make me happy- all part of the experience if you ask me!
- Mastering a new skill, whether it’s something ‘crafty’, baking, DIY, gives me a great sense of accomplishment.
- Watching a fantastic film.
- Blogging, and being lucky enough to earn money now from being creative in any way I want on this little space of mine!
- Our home. It’s been a labour of love but I love spending time here so much and coming home to it.
- A clean and tidy house- It helps me feel relaxed on an evening, sad but true!
- Poached eggs on toast- I could eat them every day!
- Looking through old photos, especially now with the children as they are fascinated with seeing how they were as babies, or what Mummy and Daddy got up to before they were born. Printing them all off and putting them in albums is next on my to-do list after our wedding. Will take forever though- we have thousands!
- Fresh flowers in the living room and on the kitchen table, especially daffodils, tulips and sunflowers.
- Cats- I really want to get a couple of kittens once all our building work is done.
- Pugs and sausage dogs- ditto above!
- The smell of horses and stables. Might sound weird to most of you, but I used to ride loads as a youngster, and I still really miss it and want to start again. The smell of the stables takes me back to this time and I love it.
- That feeling you get after exercising, and if you’ve had a great run. Makes it all worth it!
- Using felt tips. Makes me feel like a child again!
- Sitting in bed, throwing something to go in the bin- and it lands in there first time. Mini air punch moment here!
- Kissing my lovely husband-to-be. 🙂
- Building train tracks with Freddie.
- Reading to both my babies.
- When you have a good outfit and/or hair day <shallow>
- Making birthdays special for my little family.
- Playing badminton in the garden with Adam in the evening (we’re very competitive), and the children running around trying to join in.
- Sasha pulling one of her many funny faces and making us laugh so hard- I still never know how we produced such a little comedienne!
- Feeling the fear and attending new events- blogging conferences, festivals, workshops- I love ’em, and also meeting new people.
- When my friends have babies- I get the cuddles and my ‘baby fix’ without all the hard work!
- Listening to BBC 6 Music early on a Sunday as they always have some good tunes on, whilst drinking good coffee.
- Pain Au Chocolats as a treat.
- A trip to the chippy for fish, chips and mushy peas- heaven!
- A good old British seaside and everything about it.
- Taking your bra off at the end of the day and having a good scratch and jiggle!
- Singing loudly (and badly) at the top of my voice.
- Walks along The Southbank and an early evening dinner in the sunshine before catching the train home.
- a 99er from the ice cream van.
- Jazz music, even though I know nothing about it, I always feel good when I hear some playing.
- Seeing an unusual bird in the garden, or even better, a robin at Christmas time.
- Christmas, full stop!
Wowsers, there are so many more I could add! This is such a great personal exercise to do to remind you of what to be grateful for- once I got started it was hard to stop!
Thanks so much to Renee for the meme- do check out her fab blog if you get a moment.
I tag anyone who reads this who wants to join in- what are the things that make you happy?!
Where to buy promethazine 25mg in South Carolina Where to buy remeron in Trenton online Can you take naproxen with mobic Tricor testing Xalatan therapeutic class Banda el recodo consecuencia de mis actos Floxin ear drops prices Buy promethazine 25mg online from Hawaii Vytorin warnings Best place to buy creon