Hello! Here is Part Two of the awesome Mother’s Day Menu that I was treated to by Adam last weekend! You can find Part One, Wild Mushroom and Truffle Oil Risotto HERE.
This is one of my FAVOURITE spring/summer desserts, and was my last big sugar pig-out before resuming healthy eating this week. I have been having far too much in the way of sugar and treats lately, but this is DEFINITELY worth the splurge!
You will need (for 4 people):
- 2 punnets of fresh raspberries (to serve)
- 1 punnet fresh raspberries (for the sauce)
- 300ml pot of double cream
- 50g golden caster sugar for cream
- 50g golden caster sugar for the sauce
- 1 box white meringues
- 1 lemon
- Wash raspberries, and set aside.
- Place meringues in individual bowls.
- Add whipped cream (see method below) and raspberries to meringues.
- Pour cooled raspberry sauce (see method below), all over.
- Bon Appetit!
To whip the cream:
- Begin with thoroughly chilled cream.
- Chill mixing bowl and balloon whisk in fridge.
- Whip the cream with the whisk.
- Add the sugar while whipping cream.
- The cream is whipped when soft peaks form.
To make the raspberry sauce:
- Put 1 punnet of raspberries, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, and 50g sugar into a saucepan.
- Cook on a low heat and mash with a spoon until the mixture is soft and just begins to boil.
- Press through a fine sieve.
- Leave to cool before using.