Well hello there! I’ve had a rather lovely week or so off blogging- 1. Because of the children being on Easter holidays from preschool = pretty much nadda time to do anything bloggy, and 2. I had my hen do (whoop!) slap bang in the middle, which took up a fair few days (more on that later 😉 ) and it was quite a nice enforced break.
I can honestly say that these preschool holidays have been the most enjoyable yet- we’ve had a lovely mix of days out and days at home, the latter helped by the glorious spring weather we’ve had, which has meant both F&S have spent many hours playing and pottering in the garden.
As I type I’ve dropped the children off at preschool, and am sitting in the kitchen with the back door wide open, drinking a cuppa, and trying to cram some work and wedding planning into a couple of hours. The sun shining sure does help lift the mood!
Here is what has made me happy this past week or so:
- MY.HEN.DO. Honestly, it was quite simply one of the best friend-related weekends EVER! My pals surprised me with a trip to Amsterdam, and had thought of so much detail: from quizzes, to drag queen cabaret, from (pretty disgusting) fancy dress to places to eat and drink, they had put so much effort in and we all had a blast. I am a very, very lucky lady!
- Watching close friends of ours get married on Friday. The weather was glorious, the location perfect, and again, it was the little details that really made the day an awesome one (hello, his and hers after dinner cocktails, and personalised wedding songs!).
- Gardening with Freddie and Sasha. We spend last Wednesday helping out for a couple of hours at their preschool, tending to the beds in the park by weeding and putting some new ones in. My gardening knowledge is pretty limited to be honest, but I still enjoy the feeling of being outdoors and pretending that I am actually participating in the growing of ‘stuff’. The kids raked around and pulled out some weeds for a bit, before going off and playing on the playing fields surrounding preschool. This was lovely to see, as there were children of different ages, and watching them interact with older ones was how I would imagine it was ‘back in the day’, when children could play outside/go off and play for hours without adults being there. Fab.
- Getting our daytime wedding guest invites out. Massive weight off my mind!
- Freddie and Sasha (mostly) playing so well together, and making up little games and scenarios with their Peppa figures. Great to watch, and has freed up loads of my time- I sometimes don’t know what to do with myself! (Note to self: WEDDING STUFF).
- My little lady starting swimming lessons in the pool without me- I was worried she’d refuse to go in with just the teacher, but she handled it like a pro, all smiles and waves. I could have burst with pride!
- It being light in the mornings. Okay, so it’s aiding the small, already early risers in our house, but tis so much easier to bounce out of bed when that sun is shining!
- Getting the old trotters out in my fugly Birkenstocks. My feet might be blinding people this side of the South Circular, but boy does getting air on them feel GOOD!
What has made you happy?
Linking up with Sian and KA for ‘Count Your Lucky Stars’!