Happy Monday evening all!
If like Freddie, your child is totally train-mad, then these DIY wooden train station signs would make a welcome addition to any train set.
We gave them to F as one of his Christmas presents, and he absolutely LOVES them! Over the last few months, he’s been really keen on knowing which station we’re at, and which one is next, which one we’re passing through, etc etc, on our way into central London. If you’re familiar with SE London/Kent borders, you’ll totally be able to recognise which line we might live on!
These are predominantly just a fun addition to our hodge-podge of wooden rail tracks, bridges, and buildings, but already we’re finding they are serving a useful purpose, as Freddie is starting to be able to identify station names, and words that are repeated in our station names e.g ‘London’, ‘Bridge’ and ‘Junction’. He finds it great fun when we ask him to find X station amongst his collection!
To make your DIY wooden train station signs, you will need:
- Giant craft lolly sticks (I get mine from places like Hobbycraft)
- A label maker
- blue/white tack (for sticking the station names to buildings!)
- Type name of chose station into label maker, ‘cut’ label, then peel of sticky back plastic (I sound like i’m in Blue Peter now, huh?)
- Stick station name in the middle of a lolly stick.
- Using a small blob of blue/white tack on each end of the lolly stick, attach to a station/building/engine shed. We also just lie them randomly on the side of the tracks, and Freddie imagines his own stations!
I also made F a little box to store them all in, out of an old takeaway plastic box, and then printed a label out for it from the label maker.
See other my other kids crafts and activities here, and other things to make hereCan you take naproxen with mobic Banda el recodo consecuencia de mis actos Where to buy remeron in Trenton online Xalatan therapeutic class Best place to buy creon Bactroban nasal swab Where to buy promethazine 25mg in South Carolina Where to buy benicar 40mg online in Saskatoon Buy promethazine 25mg online from Hawaii
awesome! we love bigjigs rail and I love lollyices – so this will be the best craft activity to do this weekend I think!
#brilliantblogposts would love it if you came over and said hi! carsonsmummy.blogspot.co.uk xx
Glad you like the idea, Jo! 🙂
Fab idea! Thanks for linking up to #brilliantblogposts
No worries, glad you like them!