Here on the blog today I’m sharing one of my favourite autumn recipes for spiced pumpkin muffins!
Autumn is the perfect time to indulge in the warm and comforting flavours of pumpkin. In my recipe, I’ll talk you through making delightful pumpkin muffins that are moist, flavourful, and packed with aromatic spices. These muffins are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or as a sweet treat any time of the day.
So let’s dive into the recipe and create these delectable spiced pumpkin muffins that will fill your kitchen with the scents of autumn!
You will need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- Cinnamon sugar mixture
- Chopped nuts (such as pecans or walnuts)
- Pumpkin seeds
Instructions for spiced pumpkin muffins:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease the muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger until well combined. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Mix until well blended.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the pumpkin puree to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth and well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are okay.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each one about three-quarters full.
- If desired, sprinkle the tops of the muffins with a cinnamon sugar mixture, chopped nuts, or pumpkin seeds for added texture and flavor.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove the muffin tin from the oven and let the muffins cool in the tin for a few minutes. Then, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
These spiced pumpkin muffins are a delicious treat that perfectly captures the flavours of autumn. The warm spices combined with the sweet and moist pumpkin create a heavenly combination. Enjoy these muffins for breakfast with a cup of coffee, as an afternoon snack, or even as a dessert. The optional toppings add an extra touch of goodness, so they’re bang on!
Share them with family and friends or savour them all to yourself—they are sure to bring joy to any autumn gathering.
Liked these spiced pumpkin muffins? See some more of my baking recipes here