With Mother’s Day looming this weekend, many of you may still be wondering what to get one of the most important women in your life, but the trouble is, you want something, well, a bit different yet you don’t want to sell a kidney for it, and if you’re reading this then the chances are you need it NOW (or at least, pretty quickly).
Look no further than Handmade at Amazon!
This offshoot of Amazon has some truly gorgeous potential gifts, and I’ll hold my hand up and say that I hadn’t heard of it before but I’m pretty glad I do now. From personalised cake tins and handprinted aprons for the keen chef, to mugs and frames for those who like to update their interiors – they have a fantastic selection of handmade gifts which you can bring home to The Mothership this Sunday.
The store is exclusive to artisans to show off their unique, handcrafted goods. There are more than 1,000 artisans worldwide, and each artisan has a profile page to tell their story and describe how their products are made, giving customers the chance to appreciate the care and attention that goes into making each item.
Handmade at Amazon features handcrafted products across 8 categories including Jewellery, Kitchen and Dining, Clothing, Shoes and Accessories, Home Décor, Artwork and Baby. A third of items are available for personalisation too.
Here are some of my favourite picks you might want to have a gander at- I have my eye on the gorgeous cake tin….
- Jonny’s Sister Personalised Cake Tin £42. This wonderful Personalised Cake Tin makes a perfect and totally unique gift for any budding baker! This tin makes the perfect gift for Mother’s Day, and keeps cakes fresh as there is a seal around the rim. Choice from a wide range of colours and two fonts for the personalisation.
- Gold Plate Star and Moon Stud Earrings, £6.99. Small Yellow Gold Plate Star and Moon Stud Earrings, approx 6-7mm in size.
- English Breakfast Apron by Victoria Eggs – £22. A typographic apron which celebrates quintessentially British food in all its glory. Includes all-time favourites like fish and chips, shepherds pie, bangers and mash and toad in the hole.
- 100% Cashmere ombre shawl, pink and grey by Moksha Cashmere, £89.99. Moksha yarn comes from the underbelly of Himalayan goats (Capra Hircus) that thrive at 14,000ft above sea level. It takes a minimum of two goats to produce enough yarn to produce a single scarf.
- Handmade New Mum Necklace by Theta Jewellery, £24.95. Give a unique gift with this personalised necklace that can be worn with pride and treasured forever. A keepsake and a truly memorable gift.
What are you getting your Mum for Mother’s Day?