Since the children were diagnosed with an intolerance to cow dairy, this creamy, cow dairy-free creamy salmon and broccoli pasta dish has been one of our go-to meals for them, especially if time is a little on the short side.
It gives you extra parent points for containing both the salmon and the broccoli #winning and both Freddie and Sasha love it. I personally find soya cream a little unpalatble, but a decent amount of good quality Pecorino makes a cheesily flavoursome sauce so you would never know the difference. Follow the recipe card below, and enjoy!
- 50g dried pasta of your choice
- 1 tin of skinless and boneless salmon
- 4 large florets of broccoli
- 1 carton soya cream
- half an onion
- 3 large handfuls of Pecorino cheese (or to taste)
- Boil the kettle, whilst preparing the broccoli and slicing the onion finely.
- Put the pasta in a saucepan to cook for 10 minutes, whilst simultaneously steaming the broccoli florets.
- Whilst these are cooking, heat a dash of olive oil in a non-stick saucepan, and cook the onion for 3 minutes, stirring so the onion doesn't burn.
- Add the cream to the onion until simmering.
- Add the cheese and stir well.
- Add the tinned salmon to the cheese sauce.
- Take the sauce off the heat, before draining the pasta and broccoli.
- Add the broccoli and cheese sauce to the pasta, mix well together and serve immediately.
Linking up with Vicki and ‘Tasty Tuesdays’!